The Kagyu Monlam 2014 took place between December 15 and 21, with thousands of devotees in attendance. Many Rinpoches and high lamas graced the event with their presence, led by His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje, first-ranking lama in the Karma Kagyu lineage – His Eminence Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche, His Eminence Beru Khyentse Rinpoche, and many others.
Enlarge the pictures
by mouseover or click!
- Karmapa Thaye Dorje leading the ceremonies at the Kagyu Monlam
Date: Dec 15-21, 2014
For the seventh time this year, the KHCP - Karmapa Health Care Project provided free medical checkups and healthcare for participants in the Monlam as well as the local population. The KHCP's staff consisted of a total of forty people, all of them voluntary helpers: general practitioners, dentists, physiotherapists, Tibetan medicine, acupuncturists, nurses, assistants, organisers and helpers from a total of seven countries. Over 3,000 patients were treated during the Monlam at following places:
- Medical tent at Mahabodhi Temple (Bodhi tree)
- KHCP-clinic at Nyingma Gompa Bodh Gaya
- Mobil treatments at Monastery of Beru Khyentse Rinpoche
- Mobil treatments at Sikkim Guesthouse
- Info stall at Monlam Committee tent
- The KHCP has its medical station right here at the Bodhi Tree
Monks, nuns and Western helpers collaborate at the information stall of the KHCP. It is also a place to meet all the directors of the schools and monasteries.
- KHCP info desk in the Monlam Committee tent
Our service at the Bodhi tree
- Skin treatments ...
- Hundreds of acupuncture treatments
- Checkups for the nuns at Sikkim Guesthouse
KHCP-Medical room in the Nyingma-Gumpa (hostage for 3000 Kagyü buddhists)
- The queue at the clinic room
- Three of the diverse work places...
- Our dentists working with portable units
- ...and give dental instructions
- Anna provides Tibetan medicine
- The "Clinic Team"
Last day of the Monlam
- Final offerings at the Bodhi tree
- Medical team (7 nations), before meeting Gyalwa Karmapa
- In the evening the final dinner with all KHCP helpers (40 people) from East and West
The next Monlam medical camp will probably take place within Dec.15-21, 2015.
Dentists, nurses and physio therapists are still needed.
See you soon!
Any travel costs are paid privately. This also applies to all helpers.
All activities are carried out voluntarily and the full amount of donations is forwarded directly to Karmapa’s monks, nuns and accordingly to KHCP projects in Asia.
DONATE NOW >>