We need your financial support for establishing the wish of Shamar Rinpoche for a small KHCP-clinical care room in Raniban/Kathmandu (Sharminub Foundation).
20.000 € are needed!
Works Meeting with Shamar Rinpoche and KHCP (representatives Pia und Peter) in Zurich/Switzerland on 21.05.2011
Here it was arranged with Shamar Rinpoche to extend our KHCP work also to his retreat center Sharminub.
That means to set up a clinic room und provide medical campaigns for the local habitants around the retreat center.
Works Meeting Bodhgaya with Jigme Rinpoche and representatives of Sharminub Foundation, KHCP and the Dhulikhel University Hospital during Kagyü Monlam in Bodhgaya/India
In Bodhgaya on 16.12.2015 a meeting between the KHCP, Sharminub and Dhulikhel University Hospital Kathmandu agreed on the following:
- Space will be made available within the present building to set up a temporary clinic room
- As of March 2016, Dr. Sonam, a dentist and a nurse will regularly offer their services there
- Patients will be monks, nuns and other people in need of medical assistance
- Medcamps will be set up during large Pujas
- Monks about to go on retreat are to be medically trained in order to master any challenges more easily
- In the next phase, further buildings are to be set up which will also include the KHCP clinic. To cover the building costs, we will collect money over a 3-year period. Further information on this is to follow
- Dhulikhel University Hospital will develop the medical design for the clinic
- In the medium term, we are hoping to develop a medical training centre for monks and nuns
- Large events will enable the execution of large-scale vaccination schedules
Of course, we also agreed to support one another in our endeavours. The KHCP offered to support activities in Sharminub and help raise funds for the execution of further building phases through our newsletter.
The KHCP would like to thank all those involved.
This project is of particular importance, as it will serve as a pilot and blueprint for Karmapa's institutes in Nepal and India.
Thank you for your generosity which makes all this possible.
- Works Meeting of Shamar Rinpoche and KHCP
- Jigme Rinpoche and representatives of Sharminub Foundation, KHCP and the Dhulikhel University Hospital Kathmandu...
- ...during the presentations
Account Holder: KHCP e.V.
Perspective (3-5 years)
Expansion into extended buildings
- The administrative building/clinic room in 2016
- Master plan of the clinic rooms by Willi Kroeger
KHCP, Sharminub Administration, Dhulikhel University Hospital
- The initial clinic room in 2016
- First health campaign in spring 2016
In Shamar Rinpoche’s Sharminub Institute this healthcare center was founded by KHCP Karmapa Healthcare Project, in cooperation with the Sharminub Foundation and the Dhulikhel University Hospital of Kathmandu and Willi Kroeger (architect of Shamar Rinpoche).
Supplied with gear and manpower provided by KHCP, it will provide free of charge, basic health care for the teachers, members of staff and students of the institute and give the local village population access to enhanced control of their health.
Gradually, a continious presence of nurses and – according to demand – also medics will be established.
During this initial phase, the ground floor of the administration building was refurbished accordingly. It opened it’s gates in May 2016 with an initial medical camp manned by our friends from Dhulikhel University Hospital.
Plans for the next phase include organizing a health care seminar.
To successfully continue our work, we need your support.
Account Holder: KHCP e.V.