Annual Report 2018 of KHCP
Dear KHCP friends, May 30, 2019
like in the previous years, we once again thank our supporters from our very hearts. A total of about 97.800€ was raised and – like in all the previous years – these funds will be swiftly allocated to their purpose.
Dr. Sonam and his team of Dhulikhel Hospital Kathmandu University Hospital have once again travelled the Himalayas, setting up countless medical camps and medical education lectures and helping monks, nuns and also laymen alike.
The 11.th KHCP-Mönlam-Medical-Camp 2018 in Bodhgaya/India had been successful again.
This year a team of 30 voluntary helpers from East and West treated about 2.000 patients: general practitioners, dentists, TTM practitioners, physiotherapists, acupuncturists, nurses, assistants, organisers and helpers from a total of seven nations. Now over 10 years we have been reliable and have enable more than 37.000 treatments for participants in the Monlam as well as the local population.
Also this time Karmapa took the time to hold a 4th Karma Kagyu Meeting with all leaders of Karma Kagyu Institutes and Projects, in which our friends Ulli and Sabine represented our project.
The mayor campaigns in 2018:
- March: KHCP-Medical Camp/Wheelchair Assessment Camp at BIA Sertshang Orphanage Kathmandu/Nepal
- May 31:Self-organized medical camp at Tilopa Buddhist Institute, Himachal Pradesh/India, School of H.H.Gyalwa Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje
- July: Dental-Camp at KHCP-Healtcare Center at Sharminub Kathmandu / Follow up Dhulikhel Hospital
- Aug. 21: Medical-Dental-Camp at Sangey Choeling Monastery of Lopön Tsechu Rinpoche in Kimdol, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Sept. 04,: Dental-Camp at KIBS Kagyü Institute of Buddhist Studies of Shangpa Rinpoche in Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Oct: Checkups and health instructions at Dhargye Chokhor Ling Monastery in Bodhgaya/India
- Oct.26: Dental-Camp at Tharpa Choeling Nunnery of Shangpa Rinpoche in Muktinath/Lower Mustang/Nepal
- Oct. 30: Dental-Camp at Karma Dhubgyud Chokhorling Monastery of Nyedon Rinpoche/Sherab Gyaltsen Rinpoche in Pokhara/Nepal
- Nov. 03: Dental Camp at JCM Jangchub Choeling Monastery of Shangpa Rinpoche in Pokhara, Nepal
- Dec.11/12/13/15: KHCP at 4.th International Karma Kagyu Meeting at Monlam/Bodhgaya
- Dec.16-22: 11th KHCP-Medicalcamp at Kagyu Monlam/Bodhgaya/India
Throughout the year, we provide you with detailed reports on their work here via our website:
Or connect with KHCP on Facebook and read many smaller blogs there:
If you want to take part in this unique experience in the future, just contact us at
Our deepest appreciation and heartfelt thanks to every supporter!
Because of you, we are able to reach so many people with our help. Have a look at the chart with the current amount of donations by visiting the welcome page of our website.
For 2019, we need to collect a minimum of 100,000 Euros a year to be able to provide the most basic of medical treatments.
Please be so kind and look if you are able to establish a standing donation order – it will benefit plenty friends in the Himalayas.
Yours, Pia and Peter, the KHCP team and the board of directors of Karmapa's Healthcare Project e.V.
KHCP Monlam Medical Team with Jigme Rinpoche - waiting for team interview with H.H.Gyalwa Karmapa
!The previous Postbank is still running!
New Donation Account
Account Holder: KHCP e.V.