Thaye Dorje, His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa, invites students around the world to join him under the Bodhi Tree in Bodh Gaya, as he presides over prayers at the annual Kagyu Monlam, 16-22 December 2018.
The Kagyu Monlam is the most significant event of the year for the Karma Kagyu lineage. Tens of thousands of students, monks, nuns and other venerables come together in the place where Buddha attained enlightenment, as Karmapa leads prayers for the benefit of all sentient beings.
The main prayer recited at the Kagyu Monlam is known as the ‘King of Aspiration Prayers’ or the ‘Samantabhadra Wishing Prayer’.
As Karmapa has said,
"When we come together to the sacred place where Gautama Buddha reached enlightenment, and offer aspirations for peace and prosperity for all beings, the merit, wisdom and benefit that is accumulated is tremendous."
Text by www.karmapa.org
Enlarge the pictures
by mouseover or click!
- Karmapa Thaye Dorje arrives at the Kagyu Monlam
- Karmapa Thaye Dorje opens the Kagyu Monlam
The 11th Monlam Medicalcamp of KHCP - Karmapa´s Healthcare Project in Bodhgaya
Date: Dec 14-22, 2018
For the 11th time this year, the KHCP - Karmapa´s Healthcare Project provided free medical checkups and healthcare for participants in the Monlam as well as the local population. This year a smaller KHCP team consisted of a total of 35 people, all of them voluntary helpers: general practitioners, dentists, physiotherapists, TTM practitioners, acupuncturists, nurses, assistants, organisers and helpers from a total of eight nations.
About 3.200 patients were treated during the Monlam at following places:
- Medical tent at Mahabodhi Temple (Bodhi tree)
- KHCP-clinic at Nyingma Gompa Bodh Gaya
- Mobil treatments at Sikkim Guesthouse
- Info stall at Maha Bodhi Society Hall
We hereby like to thank the Monlam committee for their cooperation and support.
- Jigme Rinpoche and parts of the KHCP-medical team
On the last day the KHCP-medical team had an audience with H.H.Gyalwa Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje.
Here the team reported Karmapa about their work and H.H.Karmapa thanked for this activity."
The 4.th International Karma Kagyu Meeting Bodhgaya
- All participants
The 4.th International Karma Kagyu Meeting was held in Bodhgaya on 11/12/13/15 December 2018, just before the Kagyu Monlam.
H.H.17th Gyalwa Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje attend the 4th session.
Representatives from various monastic and lay institutions, dharma centres and social projects from around the world got together for four days of exchange
- Our friends Uli and Sabine (Himalaya Hilfe) represented also the KHCP - Karmapa´s Healthcare Project.
Our service at the Bodhi tree
- The KHCP has its medical station right here at the Bodhi Tree
Hall of the Maha Bodhi Society
Monks, nuns and Western helpers collaborate at the information stall of the KHCP.
It is also a place to meet all the directors of the schools and monasteries.
- KHCP info desk in the hall of the Maha Bodhi Society
- Hundreds of general checkups...
- ...every day
- ...also local people and staff of government has been treated
- Acupuncture team from Malaysia
- Physio treatments
- Eye treatments
- Always long queues waiting for treatments...
- Another mixup of the team, so that everyone can once work aside of the Bodhi tree
KHCP-Medical room in the Nyingma-Gumpa (hostage for 3000 Kagyü buddhists)
- The queue in front of KHCP clinic room
- general checkups
- TTM Tibetan Medicine
- Hard work until night (registration)
- Dental OP with smartphone light (while power failure)
Final day of the Monlam (Flower offering)
- Karmapa with all practitioner in front of the Bodhi tree
- Flower offering
Meeting with Gyalwa Karmapa
- KHCP team meets H.H.Karmapa
- Meeting with Gyalwa Karmapa - Jigme Rinpoche and part of the medical team
- In the evening the final dinner with all KHCP helpers from East and West (part of the group)
The next Monlam medical camp in Bodhgaya probably will take place in Dec. 2019 (not yet confirmed).
Doctors, nurses, physio therapists, professional photographer and other volunteers can get in touch with us via email
See you soon!
Any travel costs and expenses for western volunteers are paid privately.
All activities are carried out voluntarily and the donations are forwarded directly to Karmapa’s monks, nuns and accordingly to KHCP projects in Asia.
the project is looking for donors (for medicine).
!The previous Postbank is still running!
New Donation Account
Account Holder: KHCP e.V.